Saturday, April 7, 2007

Pronoun

Pronoun (pronomina) adalah kata yang digunakan untuk menggantikan nomina.

Pronomina ada beberapa macam:

1. Subjective Pronouns, yaitu I, you, we, they, he, she, it
Pronomina ini berfungsi sebagai subjek kalimat.
Contoh: I like fried chicken.
She wrote several stories.

2. Objective Pronouns, yaitu me, you, us, them, him, her, it
Pronomina ini berfungsi sebagai objek kalimat.
Contoh: My uncle gave me some money.
The boys admire her so much.

3. Possessive Adjective, yaitu my, your, our, their, his, her, its
Pronomina ini berfungsi sebagai kepemilikan.
Contoh: I like your hat.
She showed me her photograph.

4. Possessive Pronoun, yaitu mine, yours, ours, theirs, his, hers, its.
Pronomina ini berfungsi sebagai kepemilikan. Bendanya tidak disebutkan lagi karena sudah
dimengeri atau sudah disebutkan sebelumnya.
Contoh: Whose car is it? Oh, it's mine.
This is my book and that one is yours.

No comments: